Commonwealth Departments & Agencies: Various engagements for multiple Commonwealth Departments and agencies (e.g., Australian Bureau of Statistics, Defence Housing Australia, Dept of Social Services, Dept of Education to support: risk management; risk communication and social licence; stakeholder engagement and consultation; change planning, team capability & culture change; strategic positioning and planning.
ACT Government: Working with various Directorates to build team capability and planning for major long-term policy change initiatives; consult with the community for policy and program reform.
Community sector: facilitated ‘Ideas Day’ for community organisation innovation workshop with a wide range of government and non-government stakeholders, to build 5-year advocacy agenda.
Australian Defence Force: Various ongoing engagements for Emotional Competence Training, Air Force; facilitate gender diversity and equality conferences, meetings and policy directions for ADF Chaplaincy; broker discussions with Defence Industry, Department and Military.
Leadership and policy development: Design and deliver courses and workshops for conferences and gatherings on topics such as: Policy leadership; Stakeholder engagement; Emotional intelligence; Women in leadership; Communication; Ethics and public sector management.
Mentoring/coaching: Assisting a number of individuals as they manage policy challenges, career pathways, workplace relationship issues as well as participation in formal mentoring and advisory programs.
Key areas of policy with which Pamela has been closely involved include:
- family policy, payments and programs including; reforming the Australian Child Support system (2004-2008); Family Tax Benefit, Family Relationship Program; family research – inc. family change, domestic violence, elder abuse
- population issues, including: population ageing; skilled and humanitarian migration programs/settlement services
- reforms to public policy in areas such as housing reform, gender equality, problem gambling, disability reform, veterans compensation, service delivery
- welfare reform – working with NGOs as well as managing the evaluation of welfare reform programs in government
- higher education policy and reform
- coordinating the Australian Government’s Disaster Recovery for the 2009 Victorian bushfire disaster and the 2010-11 Queensland floods
- managing national data collections for welfare in Australia – including child protection, aged care, mental health, disability, juvenile justice.